The Noise Activated Warning Sign
SoundSign™ is a highly visible noise activated warning sign that has been designed for use in environments where there is a need to clearly warn or indicate when a preset noise level is reached.
Use the SoundSign™ in noisy environments such as factories, workshops, bars, and nightclubs to warn when noise levels become too high and indicate when hearing protection must be worn. For example, the “Hearing Protection Must Be Worn” version can be used to reinforce the need to wear hearing protection when noise levels reach a set level. A noise survey may have indicated that the levels will exceed 90dB(A) when certain processes occur but this may happen at random intervals throughout the day. The wearing of hearing protection may not required at all times and so the use of the SoundSign will inform employees when it is required and when it can be safety removed.
You may also use SoundSign™ in quiet locations such as schools, hospitals and libraries to indicate when noise levels must be kept down. Set the SoundSign to trigger at a much lower level, 50dB(A) for example, to ensure that the noise levels in a hospital ward stay within acceptable levels. There is no need to use hearing protection but the use of a clear warning sign can be very effective in controlling and managing noise levels.
Four Standard Designs
The SoundSign is available in a number of different versions, each with different text. In addition to the English versions of the SoundSign, we can provide German and French variants. We also make customers versions of SoundSign if one of our standard designs doesn't meet your needs. Please contact us and we will be pleased to discsus this further with you.
Features & Benefits of the SoundSign
Lights up when a preset noise level is exceeded
- Quick & simple to install
- Trigger level from 40dB(A) to 114dB(A) for use in any environment
- High intensity white LED technology for high visual impact and a long operating life
- Use text and graphics to communicate specific noise level warnings
- 4 standard designs to cover all applications
What's in the box?
The SoundSign is delivered as a complete package. Each SoundSign Master Unit contains:
- 1 x SoundSign Noise Warning Sign
- 1 x Microphone Unit to connect to the SoundSign
- 1 x Mains Power Supply with UK, EU & US Plugs
- 1 x 5m Power Extension Cable
- 2 x Wall Mounting Plugs & Screws
- 1 x Installation Guide