Everything you need is at your fingertips
For Occupational Noise and Industrial Hygiene, measuring the noise exposure of employees quickly and reliably is essential. The Optimus Red sound level meter from Cirrus Research Meters is the ideal instrument for these applications with a clear, high resolution OLED color screen, a wide 120dB measurement span (up to 140dB(A) and 143dBC Peak) and simultaneous measurement of all available parameters. There’s no setup or complicated configuration needed. Just switch it on, calibrate it and press start. It’s that simple.
The Optimus sound level meters have been designed for ease to allow you to proceed with measuring and controlling noise. These instruments use the very latest in digital technology and industrial design techniques to make everything as clear and simple as possible. We’ve incorporated a screen that is able to be seen in any conditions, with a keypad that illuminates automatically in low light. The case is robust and covered with a tactile finish so it can be used even if you’re wearing gloves. The measurement data is displayed in a clear and simple format along with a real-time noise chart so that you can see how the noise varies with time. All of the functions of the instrument are measured simultaneously, and with a wide 120dB measurement span you don’t need to worry about choosing the right range. An optimus can measure up to 140dB(A) and 143dB(C).
- Measure to a range of standards all at the same time
- Three noise meters in one lets you meaure Leq, OSHA HC & OSHA PEL simultaneously
- Quick settings let you choose from a list of commonly used settings:
- OSHA HC & PEL, OSHA HC & ACGIH
- MSHA HC & EC, EU (ISO)
- Custom configuration
- Real-time octave band filters (C Version)
- Record VoiceTag notes directly into the instrument save the use of pen & paper
- Data Logging with VoiceTag audio recording (B & C Versions)
- Ergonomically designed case with a high resolution colour display
- Illuminated keys for low light conditions
- 4GB Memory in the B & C versions can store over 10,000 measurements
- NoiseTools software to download, analyse data and create reports
Whatever you need, it's already measured
All of optimus sound level meters will measure all of the available functions at the same time.
This means that no matter what the display is showing, you can be sure that you can't choose the wrong function.
For example, if you've set the instrument to display the Leq and you need to see the TWA & Lavg, just press the right arrow key and the Dose View will give you all of the information you need to meet OSHA, MSHA or ACGIH.
Press again to see the Leq or Octave Band information.
Quick, simple and easy to use
Just three button pushes you can start a measurement and get all of the information you need to assess and deal with your noise issues.
Your investment is protected as we've designed all of the optimus instruments to be upgradable with new and additional measurement functions.
Complete Measurement Kits Available
To make sure that you've had all of the accessories needed to make an accurate and meaningful noise measurement, we would recommend a measurement kit.